I have brought my bad habits with me to Shanghai. You would think...new place, new Kathryn. But unfortunately not. Last week Friday I was rushing around to get ready for a day that would start at 11 am and end at 8 pm. I had group meetings, class, and then an invitation for the Triumph Inspiration Awards, a big fancy fashion event held by a lingerie company at an art gallery. No time to go home in between. You already see the difficulty here. What do I wear that can transition easily from school to fancy event.
So in my rush to figure out an appropriate outfit, get all my school stuff together, put together a touch-up kit for makeup later I did the worst possible thing I could do.
I forgot to put on deodorant.
Sigh. And the thing is, I do this more often than I care to admit. I think this is just the first time I'd done it in Shanghai, and the first time I really NEEDED it lol. What happens is my deodorant doesn't have a 'place'. When I put it on I just put it back any old where and the next day I may or may not see it to remember to put it on. Lol this is so embarassing. Maybe this is exactly what happens to local Trinidad DJ's though...maybe I should have more sympathy.
Lol and I've been doing it for years. I keep reminding my friend Bobbie of a story from easily 8 years ago when she was standing at the door of a party she was throwing (F1...it was at the Cove...no comment) and I barreled up to her saying I HAD to leave. She was very calmly like, "No exit till 2" or whatever. I, like a maniac, yelled something along the lines of "IFORGOTTOPUTONDEODORANT!! SO!! UNLESSYOUWANTMEINHERESMELLINGUPYOURWHOLEPARTYYOU'LLLETMEOUT!!!! GRRR!!" Which she did.
Friends have provided suggestions. Maybe get a small one that you just keep in your bag/ the car. CREATE a deodorant place so that you remember it every day for God's sake. None of it has ever stuck. I will forever be the girl who is just unsure some days.
It gets worse though. This is not my only beauty related bad habit. I have a few that I am going to share in hopes that the confession based nature of this post will cause me to reform. 1. Head scratching. Yes. I know. I know. Moving on.
2. I haven't washed my face with face wash since I've been in Shanghai. I've only used cleansing wipes. The cleansing wipes marketing tells me this is okay. My brain tells me this is absolutely not.
3. I sometimes put on a certain mascara or eyeliner cause I know it won't smudge my sheets in case I fall asleep in it. Lol
4. I can't leave well enough alone. So I tweeze, pluck, pick at things that shouldnt be tweezed, plucked or picked at.
5. I recognize shampoo/body wash bottles are empty and they stay in the shower. Forever.
6. Until very recently I NEVER wrapped my hair. That headscarf business is just not cute to me.
7. The facial expressions. They have to mean some wrinkles in the future. There is no way there won't be any negative fallout from this.
Lol I'm sure there are more but I don't want you to think less of me. What are some of your beauty bad habits. Maybe we can start a support group.
Anyway, in the meantime enjoy a gallery of my favourite caught in the act head scratching and crazyface pics.